Fall/Spring Semester Hours
Sat. 5/10 and Sun. 5/11
We will be closed 12/24- 1/1 for the holiday season.
The SMC Fitness Center offers a top of the line facility designed to meet the fitness needs of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Community members not affiliated with the University can now take advantage of our services and equipment. Offering a diverse selection of workout equipment which includes cardiovascular machines, weight training machines, and free weights. Also offered is a selection of group fitness classes.
Open Rec Areas
Group Fitness Classes
|Rhythmic Spin||1230-1:30 pm w/ Liana|
Begin to SpinHave you always wanted to try a spin class? Well, BEGIN TO SPIN is here! This short 30 minute introductory class will begin with proper bike set up and then take you through a warm up, a couple of drills and will end with the cool down. This is a lower intensity class that will help you ease into loving spin!
This total body workout is designed to get your heart pumping! Builds endurance and strength with a variety of movements. Can be adapted to any fitness level or ability.
CrossbataCrossbata is a blend of tabata and cross fit-type exercises that will strengthen and tone your whole body, featuring high-intensity interval training and plyometrics.
Rhythmic SpinRhythmic Spin is a class where there will be series of choreographed moves designed to provide a full body workout; you ride standing on the bike 80% of the time. From presses, push-ups, and tap backs, this class covers it all. You ride to the beat of music, making it feel like it’s a dance party on a bike!
R.I.P.P.E.D.R.I.P.P.E.D. stands for Resistance, Interval, Power, Plyometrics, Endurance and Diet. Each class is a high intensity workout that changes up the exercises every 6 to 9 minutes, allowing every muscle group to get a quick yet effective workout.
SpinThis is a high-intensity stationary bike workout that enhances cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength. The instructor will lead the group through rides with motivating music and challenging drills. Participants select their own intensity through varying bike positions and tension.
YogaYoga is a great mental and physical workout- a great opportunity to tone your body and ease your mind. This class is great if you are a beginner and will challenge you even if you are a regular.
ZumbaZumba combines upbeat Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program that will blow you away!!!!
Membership Payment Policy
Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. All membership fees except for part-time students can be paid at the main desk in the upper level of the SMC Fitness Center. We will be accepting ONLY credit cards for week, semester/summer and annual memberships. We will accept ONLY cash for day memberships. NOTE – A valid university I.D. card must be presented by all fitness center members upon entrance into the facility. Members who have forgotten their I.D. card and wish to enter the facility must pay the non-refundable $5.00 guest fee.
Students carrying less than 12 credits that want to purchase a semester membership will do so at the Bursar’s Office located in the Dilworth building.
Guest & Group Rates
- Guest fee is $6.00 per day or $36.00 for a week pass. All guests must present a valid driver’s license or state ID at the front desk. Guest must also sign in and sign out.
- Group Rate (at least 5 people)- Group discount available upon request
The number of credits a student is enrolled in determines the fee for using the Fitness Center and are as follows:
- 12+ Credits – full membership included in your tuition and fees
- 11 Credits – $18.25
- 10 Credits – $36.50
- 9 Credits – $54.75
- 8 Credits – $73.00
- 7 Credits – $91.25
- 6 Credits – $109.50
- 5 Credits – $127.75
- 4 Credits – $146.00
- 3 Credits – $164.25
- 2 Credit – $182.50
- 1 Credit – $200.75
- No charge if student is enrolled in classes for the upcoming fall semester.
- Regardless of the number of credits being taken, all summer students are automatic members during these sessions.
- No charge if student is enrolled in classes for the upcoming spring semester.
- Regardless of the number of credits being taken, all winter students are automatic members during this session.
MU Faculty/Staff, Retiree or Alumni Membership Options
- Day Pass – $4.00
- Week Pass – $24.00
- Semester/Summer – $180.00
- Winter – $45.00
- Annual Membership – $360.00
- Marauder Class Pass* – $30.00
* This pass is for 15 group fitness classes with NO expiration date. No general gym attendance included.
Non-MU/Community Membership Options.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Please Note: There is limited hour access for any Non-MU/Community Fitness Center member. The hours listed below are the open hours for any Non-MU/Community members:
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 7 PM 10 AM – 7 PM 10 AM – 12 AM
- Day Pass – $6.00
- Week Pass – $36.00
- Semester/Summer – $235.00
- Winter – $60.00
- Annual Membership – $450.00
- ALL fitness center guests and members are to sign in at the reception desk. All members must present their own valid student, faculty, staff, or alumni I.D. card in order to use the facility. Aerobics students must sign in and need to present I.D.Appropriate exercise clothing is required: t-shirts, shorts, and/or sweatsuits.
- The Student Manager on duty is ultimately responsible for enforcing all rules, regulations, and procedures. If at any time a member or guest does not comply with the rules and/or the manager on duty, the patron will be asked to leave, or his/her fitness center privileges will be revoked. The Student Manager on duty has the right to recruit help of the Building Manager on duty and/or the University Police.
- The SMC Fitness Center is intended to give the Millersville campus community a clean, safe, and enjoyable place to work out for general fitness purposes. Bodybuilders and some highly conditioned athletes may find this facility inadequate for their workout goals, and it is therefore suggested that another facility may better suit the needs of this special population.
- Any formal problems, questions, or concerns regarding SMC Fitness Center policy should be submitted to the SMC Fitness Center Manager. Please clearly indicate the issue you are addressing, and be sure to include your name and phone number. All inquiries will be carefully reviewed.
- Athletic footwear which covers the entire foot is required by all members and guests.
- Weights may not be removed from the fitness center for any reason.
- Spotters and pinch-lock collars are required for free weights.
- Each individual is responsible for removing the weight plates that he/she has used on the plate-loaded machines; and returning all plates, dumbbells, barbells, and other equipment to the proper storage places.
- Hand chalk is not permitted.
- Food is permitted in the lobby area only; drinks are permitted but must be covered and/or sealed.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted anywhere in the fitness wing.
- Radios and tape or CD players are not permitted. iPods, MP3 players, Walkmans and Discmans are permitted.
- Loud, profane, and/or abusive language is prohibited.
- Equipment set up in the Open Recreation Area or racquetball courts may not be moved by members or guests.
- Hanging from or grasping the basketball backboard or rim is not permitted.
- Patrons exercise at their own risk. Each individual is responsible for his/her own safety. All emergencies or injuries must be reported to the receptionist and/or manager on duty.
- All members and guests of the facility are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible, courteous, and safe manner in compliance with Student Memorial Center Building and fitness center rules and regulations.
- Disorderly conduct and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- All activities cease at closing time. All patrons must clear the facility.
- Disregard for any fitness center rule or failure to cooperate with fitness center staff will result in expulsion from the facility and/or loss of fitness center privileges.
- Do not attach weight plates to the weight stacks on the machines.
- Do not drop weights, dumbbells, or bars. Place everything down gently.
- Do not put weight plates under the flat bench to make it a decline bench. Instead, do bench dips for lower chest or triceps machine and lean forward.
- Do not step on any benches or machines. Use steps.
- No dips on the 45-degree back extension machine. Use dip/chin station.
- No standing on weight plates to do triceps at the lat pull-down station. Use steps.
- Keep dumbbells, weight plates, and barbells on the floor, not on the benches (as to not ruin the upholstery on the pads.)
- Loitering is not permitted in the fitness center. Any person or group of people who are in the fitness center and who are not exercising may be asked to leave, especially if the facility is crowded, and/or if the person or group of people is being loud and boisterous. The lobby area is not intended as a “hang-out.”
- All exercises are to be performed in a safe and effective manner. The fitness center staff has the right to suggest correct form if a patron’s safety is at risk while performing any exercise.
The Fitness Center does not offer family membership plans
Recent Blog Posts
Are you ready to test your speed, artistry, and creativity? If so grab some friends and sign up for the 2017 Iron Chef Competition. This year’s theme is “Mystery”…
Hello Millersville! We have some exciting new updates for you this week. Liana will be teaching R.I.P.P.E.D a second night, due to popular request! It will now be held…
Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your first few weeks back! Our group fitness classes start started. Just a few reminders as they get going! For our Yoga…
Welcome back to Millersville for the fall semester! We are excited to have you back and introduce you to all of the new happenings around the SMC Fitness Center….