Fall/Spring Semester Hours
Sat. 5/10 and Sun. 5/11
We will be closed 12/24- 1/1 for the holiday season.
The SMC Fitness Center offers a top of the line facility designed to meet the fitness needs of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Community members not affiliated with the University can now take advantage of our services and equipment. Offering a diverse selection of workout equipment which includes cardiovascular machines, weight training machines, and free weights. Also offered is a selection of group fitness classes.
Open Rec Areas
Summer I Group Fitness Classes
May 15th – June 5th. All below times are PM unless otherwise noted.
– All Spin, Bike n’ Core & Yoga classes require a ticket to reserve your spot. Tickets can be picked up 1 hour prior to the start of the class at the downstairs fitness center desk. Those using a marauder class pass – please go to the downstairs desk to get your card punched prior to the start of class.
|Bike n’ Core|
|Power & Performance||4-5 PM w/ Mike||4-5 PM|
|Total Body Blast|
|Yoga||6-7 PM w/ Erin|
Bike n’ CoreWe will get your heart pumping with about 30 minutes ofspin then finish class with core work.
BootcampThis total body workout is designed to get your heart pumping! Builds endurance and strength with a variety of movements. Can be adapted to any fitness level or ability.
Power & PerformancePower performance is designed to teach the basics of power lifting and progress towards a better, stronger you! Our goal is to teach you how to lift with proper form and get stronger by progressively advancing through workouts at your pace. All fitness levels are welcome.
SpinThis is a high-intensity stationary bike workout that enhances cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength. The instructor will lead the group through rides with motivating music and challenging drills. Participants select their own intensity through varying bike positions and tension.
TabataUsing a variety of simple, yet intense exercises, each class will blast the calories and provide noticeable results in a short amount of time. Whether your goal is muscle tone, weight loss, or both, this class will provide what you are looking for.
Total Body BlastThis is a full body workout that involves cardio to increase the heart rate, and resistance training to sculpt both the upper and lower body. It is a great workout and you will leave feeling awesome!
Turbo KickBurn calories and blast fat! Turbo Kick® mixes kickboxing and simple dance moves with music that makes you want to move it!
YogaYoga is a great mental and physical workout- a great opportunity to tone your body and ease your mind. This class is great if you are a beginner and will challenge you even if you are a regular.
ZumbaZumba combines upbeat Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program that will blow you away!!!!
Membership Payment Policy
Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. All membership fees except for part-time students can be paid at the main desk in the upper level of the SMC Fitness Center. We will be accepting ONLY credit cards for week, semester/summer and annual memberships. We will accept ONLY cash for day memberships. NOTE – A valid university I.D. card must be presented by all fitness center members upon entrance into the facility. Members who have forgotten their I.D. card and wish to enter the facility must pay the non-refundable $5.00 guest fee.
Students carrying less than 12 credits that want to purchase a semester membership will do so at the Bursar’s Office located in the Dilworth building.
Guest & Group Rates
- Guest fee is $6.00 per day or $36.00 for a week pass. All guests must present a valid driver’s license or state ID at the front desk. Guest must also sign in and sign out.
- Group Rate (at least 5 people)- Group discount available upon request
The number of credits a student is enrolled in determines the fee for using the Fitness Center and are as follows:
- 12+ Credits – full membership included in your tuition and fees
- 11 Credits – $17.50
- 10 Credits – $35.00
- 9 Credits – $52.50
- 8 Credits – $70.00
- 7 Credits – $87.50
- 6 Credits – $105.00
- 5 Credits – $122.50
- 4 Credits – $140.00
- 3 Credits – $157.50
- 2 Credit – $175.00
- 1 Credit – $192.50
- No charge if student is enrolled in classes for the upcoming fall semester.
- Regardless of the number of credits being taken, all summer students are automatic members during these sessions.
- No charge if student is enrolled in classes for the upcoming spring semester.
- Regardless of the number of credits being taken, all winter students are automatic members during this session.
MU Faculty/Staff, Retiree or Alumni Membership Options
- Day Pass – $4.00
- Week Pass – $24.00
- Semester/Summer – $180.00
- Winter – $45.00
- Annual Membership – $360.00
- Marauder Class Pass* – $30.00
* This pass is for 15 group fitness classes with NO expiration date. No general gym attendance included.
Non-MU/Community Membership Options.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Please Note: There is limited hour access for any Non-MU/Community Fitness Center member. The hours listed below are the open hours for any Non-MU/Community members:
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 7 PM 10 AM – 7 PM 10 AM – 12 AM
- Day Pass- $6.00
- Week Pass- $36.00
- Semester/Summer- $235.00
- Summer – $60.00
- Annual Membership- $450.00
- Day Pass- $3.00
- Week Pass- $10.00
- Semester/Summer- $80.00
- Annual Membership- $200.00
Pool memberships can be purchased at the SMC Fitness Center. Checks are the only form of payment that are accepted for pool memberships and can be made out to: Millersville University.
- ALL fitness center guests and members are to sign in at the reception desk. All members must present their own valid student, faculty, staff, or alumni I.D. card in order to use the facility. Aerobics students must sign in and need to present I.D.Appropriate exercise clothing is required: t-shirts, shorts, and/or sweatsuits.
- The Student Manager on duty is ultimately responsible for enforcing all rules, regulations, and procedures. If at any time a member or guest does not comply with the rules and/or the manager on duty, the patron will be asked to leave, or his/her fitness center privileges will be revoked. The Student Manager on duty has the right to recruit help of the Building Manager on duty and/or the University Police.
- The SMC Fitness Center is intended to give the Millersville campus community a clean, safe, and enjoyable place to work out for general fitness purposes. Bodybuilders and some highly conditioned athletes may find this facility inadequate for their workout goals, and it is therefore suggested that another facility may better suit the needs of this special population.
- Any formal problems, questions, or concerns regarding SMC Fitness Center policy should be submitted to the SMC Fitness Center Manager. Please clearly indicate the issue you are addressing, and be sure to include your name and phone number. All inquiries will be carefully reviewed.
- Athletic footwear which covers the entire foot is required by all members and guests.
- Weights may not be removed from the fitness center for any reason.
- Spotters and pinch-lock collars are required for free weights.
- Each individual is responsible for removing the weight plates that he/she has used on the plate-loaded machines; and returning all plates, dumbbells, barbells, and other equipment to the proper storage places.
- Hand chalk is not permitted.
- Food is permitted in the lobby area only; drinks are permitted but must be covered and/or sealed.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted anywhere in the fitness wing.
- Radios and tape or CD players are not permitted. iPods, MP3 players, Walkmans and Discmans are permitted.
- Loud, profane, and/or abusive language is prohibited.
- Equipment set up in the Open Recreation Area or racquetball courts may not be moved by members or guests.
- Hanging from or grasping the basketball backboard or rim is not permitted.
- Patrons exercise at their own risk. Each individual is responsible for his/her own safety. All emergencies or injuries must be reported to the receptionist and/or manager on duty.
- All members and guests of the facility are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible, courteous, and safe manner in compliance with Student Memorial Center Building and fitness center rules and regulations.
- Disorderly conduct and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- All activities cease at closing time. All patrons must clear the facility.
- Disregard for any fitness center rule or failure to cooperate with fitness center staff will result in expulsion from the facility and/or loss of fitness center privileges.
- Do not attach weight plates to the weight stacks on the machines.
- Do not drop weights, dumbbells, or bars. Place everything down gently.
- Do not put weight plates under the flat bench to make it a decline bench. Instead, do bench dips for lower chest or triceps machine and lean forward.
- Do not step on any benches or machines. Use steps.
- No dips on the 45-degree back extension machine. Use dip/chin station.
- No standing on weight plates to do triceps at the lat pull-down station. Use steps.
- Keep dumbbells, weight plates, and barbells on the floor, not on the benches (as to not ruin the upholstery on the pads.)
- Loitering is not permitted in the fitness center. Any person or group of people who are in the fitness center and who are not exercising may be asked to leave, especially if the facility is crowded, and/or if the person or group of people is being loud and boisterous. The lobby area is not intended as a “hang-out.”
- All exercises are to be performed in a safe and effective manner. The fitness center staff has the right to suggest correct form if a patron’s safety is at risk while performing any exercise.
The Fitness Center does not offer family membership plans
Recent Blog Posts
New spring fitness classes have been introduced to our lineup. Be sure to check out what our great facility has to offer.
Beginning Wednesday, October 23rd the SMC Fitness Center will be offering two new group fitness classes. The new classes include a Wednesday Spin Class from 4:00 PM – 5:00…
Group fitness in the SMC Fitness Center is BIGGER and BETTER than ever. We’re are excited to be offering a few new classes this semester. The new additions include…
Exciting News…Hot off the Presses! We are excited to announce that the SMC Fitness Center Personal Training Program is back in action this semester. We did make a few changes…