Banking Center


Mon. – Fri.
8:00am – 4:30pm

Quick Links

Signature Sheet

Form #1


Employment Application

The Banking Center provides bookkeeping services for recognized Millersville University student organizations. You can also cash checks and make change at the Banking Center.

Check Cashing Policies

  • A valid Millersville University ID is required.
  • Personal checks cashed up to $50.00
  • Millersville University checks cashed up to $350.00
  • Payroll checks cashed up to $300.00
  • A penalty of $40.00 will be charged for non-sufficient fund checks

Student Organization Accounts

  • Signature Sheet

    All student organizations are required to have a signature sheet on file. This must be completed each academic year. The signature sheet for the 2017-2018 academic year must be on file by September 13, 2019. You cannot access your funds if this sheet is not in our office by that date.

  • Deposits

    Money may be deposited into your organization account at the Student Services Business Office (banking center area), Monday – Friday 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m. A detailed listing of all financial transactions is available on getInvolved. Any discrepancies should be reported to the Business Office immediately.

  • Checks

    The method to have a check cut is the Form #1. Any Form #1 submitted without a full LEGAL address (legal address refers to the address as it appears on your driver’s license) will NOT be processed. A Form #1 also requires two signatures; the president or the treasurer AND the advisor of your organization. If you are the payee, you may not sign the Form 1. If the check is for a reimbursement of funds spent, the original receipt(s) must be attached to the Form #1.

  • Paying an Invoice

    To pay invoices from an organization account, a Form #1 with the original invoice(s) to be paid is required. Please make sure that the Form #1 is completed in its entirety.

  • Payment for Services Rendered

    ‘Services rendered’ is considered income. The Form #1 with the original invoice, agreement or contract, along with the payee’s signed W-9 must be submitted. A W-9 is required. Income is reported to the IRS and the payee will receive a 1099-MISC tax form in January the following year.

  • Reimbursement for Payment

    If you have made a purchase for your organization and need to be reimbursed, submit a completed Form #1 with all of the original receipts attached. If you have used a credit card, you will need documentation that shows the credit card has been charged (paid in full). Best practice is to include a copy of your credit card, Amazon or PayPal statement when making on-line purchases (be sure that your name appears on the statement). Do not submit statements that are marked “pending transaction” you must wait until the transaction has been posted to your account.

  • Reimbursement for Food

    Auditing protocol requires that all receipts for food purchases are itemized. Along with the completed Form #1, please attach the itemized food receipts.

  • Pickup or deliver checks

    The Form #1 has an area at the bottom to mail or pick-up. Any Form #1 that does not have a preference will be mailed. Checks that are marked for pick-up will be held for two weeks from issue date. They will be mailed after the two week time period.

  • Fund Dispersement

    The Form #1 has an area at the bottom to also indicate if the funds for the check are deducted from the Allocated or Fundraised account. If not indicated, funds will automatically be disbursed from the Fundraised Account.

  • When will my check be ready?

    Checks are available on Tuesdays and Fridays after 3:00p.m. Form #1′s received on Fridays and Mondays 8:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. will be available on Tuesdays. Form #1′s received on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. will be available on Fridays.
    Any organization that requests a Stop Payment will incur a $40.00 charge to their account. To void a check you must turn the original check into the Business Office. There is no fee to void a check. In either case, you must submit a written explanation with authorized signatures (including the advisor).

  • How can I track my balance?

    A detailed history of all financial transactions can be accessed on getInvolved. Once you have received status as a recognized organization by Student Government Association, we will create an account for you when you have brought in your first deposit.

  • What if our organization runs out of money?

    If your organization has depleted all the funds deposited with Student Services, Inc., the advisor to your organization will be notified. No Form #1s will be processed and no funds released until a balance is available in the organization’s account.



Recent Blog Posts

Welcome Back

The deadline for organizations signature sheets is 9/14. And don’t forget to download our new 2018/2019 Form 1. Stop by and meet our friendly staff! And make sure to…

September 6, 2018

2016 Fall Semester Welcome Back

Welcome back everyone! We trust that you had a great summer away from school and are ready for the upcoming fall semester! Just a few notes for returning students,…

August 29, 2016

Banking Center Spring Reminders

Hello Students! Welcome back from Spring Break! We hope your time off was enjoyable. As we are closing in on the end of the semester, don’t forget about any…

March 24, 2014

Hey Everyone!

With the end of the semester and finals coming up, we know how busy things can be. We don’t want to add on to that stress, but we just…

December 6, 2013