Fall/Spring Semester Hours
Sat. 5/10 and Sun. 5/11
We will be closed 12/24- 1/1 for the holiday season.
The SMC Fitness Center offers a top of the line facility designed to meet the fitness needs of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Community members not affiliated with the University can now take advantage of our services and equipment. Offering a diverse selection of workout equipment which includes cardiovascular machines, weight training machines, and free weights. Also offered is a selection of group fitness classes.
Open Rec Areas
Group Fitness Classes
|Ab Blast||5:30-6pm w/ Lauren H.||5:30-6pm w/ Lauren H.|
|Booty Blast||7-7:30pm w/ Lauren H.||6-6:30pm w/ Lauren H.|
|HIIT||8-8:45am w/ Debbie||8-8:45am w/ Debbie||8-8:45am w/ Debbie|
|Jeet Kune Do||6:45-7:45pm w/ Sackish||4:30-5:30pm w/ Sackish||3-4pm w/ Sackish|
|Rhythmic Fitness||6-7pm w/ Lauren S. and Laura||5-6pm w/ Lauren S. and Laura|
|Spin||7-8pm w/ Taylor||12-1pm w/ Taylor||7-8pm w/ Felicia||6-6:45pm w/ Felicia||12-1pm w/ Taylor|
|Tabata||2-2:45pm w/ Debbie||2-2:45pm w/ Debbie|
|Yoga||7-8pm w/ Jessie||7-8pm w/ Jessie|
|Zumba||7:30-8:30pm w/ Sophia||6:30-7:30 w/ Sophia|
Ab BlastQuick, 30 minute abdominal workout to fun tunes and gets your heart rate up!
Booty BlastQuick, 30 minute cardio-based workout that focuses on sculpting thighs and glutes!
HIIT(High Intensity Interval Training) this cardiovascular workout will consist of short periods of anaerobic exercises with less intense recovery periods!
Jeet Kune DoA hybrid philosophy of martial arts influenced by Bruce Lee. This class will focus on the concept of interception or attacking when one’s opponent is about to attack!
Rhythmic FitnessRhythmic Fitness is an upbeat workout class where you will be doing different workouts to different beats and rhythms of songs! These are intense and fun workouts that will give you a great sweat and get your blood pumping!
SpinThis is a high-intensity stationary bike workout that enhances cardiovascular endurance and muscular strength. The instructor will incorporate different resistance levels, sprints, and weights. This class uses music as a guide for rhythmic movements while focusing on endurance and stamina!
TabataForm of HIIT that will consist of shorter periods of recovery!
YogaDesigned to tone your muscles while also incorporating flexibility. It helps you focus on your breath and create mind body awareness. It can help you relax and energize!
ZumbaZumba combines upbeat Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program that will give you a total-body and cardio workout!
Membership Payment Policy
Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. All membership fees except for part-time students can be paid at the main desk in the upper level of the SMC Fitness Center. We will be accepting ONLY credit cards for week, semester/summer and annual memberships. We will accept ONLY cash for day memberships. NOTE – A valid university I.D. card must be presented by all fitness center members upon entrance into the facility. Members who have forgotten their I.D. card and wish to enter the facility must pay the non-refundable $5.00 guest fee.
Students carrying less than 12 credits that want to purchase a semester membership will do so at the Bursar’s Office located in the Dilworth building.
Guest & Group Rates
- Guest fee is $6.00 per day or $36.00 for a week pass. All guests must present a valid driver’s license or state ID at the front desk. Guest must also sign in and sign out.
- Group Rate (at least 5 people)- Group discount available upon request
The number of credits a student is enrolled in determines the fee for using the Fitness Center and are as follows:
- 12+ Credits – full membership included in your tuition and fees
- 11 Credits – $23.25
- 10 Credits – $43.50
- 9 Credits – $63.75
- 8 Credits – $84.00
- 7 Credits – $104.25
- 6 Credits – $124.50
- 5 Credits – $144.75
- 4 Credits – $165.00
- 3 Credits – $185.25
- 2 Credit – $205.50
- 1 Credit – $225.75
- No charge if student is enrolled in classes for the upcoming fall semester.
- Regardless of the number of credits being taken, all summer students are automatic members during these sessions.
- No charge if student is enrolled in classes for the upcoming spring semester.
- Regardless of the number of credits being taken, all winter students are automatic members during this session.
MU Faculty/Staff, Retiree or Alumni Membership Options
- Day Pass – $4.00
- Week Pass – $24.00
- Semester/Summer – $180.00
- Winter – $45.00
- Annual Membership – $360.00
- Marauder Class Pass* – $30.00
* This pass is for 15 group fitness classes with NO expiration date. No general gym attendance included.
Non-MU/Community Membership Options.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Please Note: There is limited hour access for any Non-MU/Community Fitness Center member. The hours listed below are the open hours for any Non-MU/Community members:
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 2 PM 6 AM – 7 PM 10 AM – 7 PM 10 AM – 12 AM
- Day Pass – $6.00
- Week Pass – $36.00
- Semester/Summer – $235.00
- Winter – $60.00
- Annual Membership – $450.00
- ALL fitness center guests and members are to sign in at the reception desk. All members must present their own valid student, faculty, staff, or alumni I.D. card in order to use the facility. Aerobics students must sign in and need to present I.D.Appropriate exercise clothing is required: t-shirts, shorts, and/or sweatsuits.
- The Student Manager on duty is ultimately responsible for enforcing all rules, regulations, and procedures. If at any time a member or guest does not comply with the rules and/or the manager on duty, the patron will be asked to leave, or his/her fitness center privileges will be revoked. The Student Manager on duty has the right to recruit help of the Building Manager on duty and/or the University Police.
- The SMC Fitness Center is intended to give the Millersville campus community a clean, safe, and enjoyable place to work out for general fitness purposes. Bodybuilders and some highly conditioned athletes may find this facility inadequate for their workout goals, and it is therefore suggested that another facility may better suit the needs of this special population.
- Any formal problems, questions, or concerns regarding SMC Fitness Center policy should be submitted to the SMC Fitness Center Manager. Please clearly indicate the issue you are addressing, and be sure to include your name and phone number. All inquiries will be carefully reviewed.
- Athletic footwear which covers the entire foot is required by all members and guests.
- Weights may not be removed from the fitness center for any reason.
- Spotters and pinch-lock collars are required for free weights.
- Each individual is responsible for removing the weight plates that he/she has used on the plate-loaded machines; and returning all plates, dumbbells, barbells, and other equipment to the proper storage places.
- Hand chalk is not permitted.
- Food is permitted in the lobby area only; drinks are permitted but must be covered and/or sealed.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted anywhere in the fitness wing.
- Radios and tape or CD players are not permitted. iPods, MP3 players, Walkmans and Discmans are permitted.
- Loud, profane, and/or abusive language is prohibited.
- Equipment set up in the Open Recreation Area or racquetball courts may not be moved by members or guests.
- Hanging from or grasping the basketball backboard or rim is not permitted.
- Patrons exercise at their own risk. Each individual is responsible for his/her own safety. All emergencies or injuries must be reported to the receptionist and/or manager on duty.
- All members and guests of the facility are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible, courteous, and safe manner in compliance with Student Memorial Center Building and fitness center rules and regulations.
- Disorderly conduct and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- All activities cease at closing time. All patrons must clear the facility.
- Disregard for any fitness center rule or failure to cooperate with fitness center staff will result in expulsion from the facility and/or loss of fitness center privileges.
- Do not attach weight plates to the weight stacks on the machines.
- Do not drop weights, dumbbells, or bars. Place everything down gently.
- Do not put weight plates under the flat bench to make it a decline bench. Instead, do bench dips for lower chest or triceps machine and lean forward.
- Do not step on any benches or machines. Use steps.
- No dips on the 45-degree back extension machine. Use dip/chin station.
- No standing on weight plates to do triceps at the lat pull-down station. Use steps.
- Keep dumbbells, weight plates, and barbells on the floor, not on the benches (as to not ruin the upholstery on the pads.)
- Loitering is not permitted in the fitness center. Any person or group of people who are in the fitness center and who are not exercising may be asked to leave, especially if the facility is crowded, and/or if the person or group of people is being loud and boisterous. The lobby area is not intended as a “hang-out.”
- All exercises are to be performed in a safe and effective manner. The fitness center staff has the right to suggest correct form if a patron’s safety is at risk while performing any exercise.
The Fitness Center does not offer family membership plans
Recent Blog Posts
The SMC Fitness Center is adding a Functional Training space this coming spring! This area will be located in the group fitness studio on the lower level of the…
Are you ready to test your speed, artistry, and creativity? If so grab some friends and sign up for the 2017 Iron Chef Competition. This year’s theme is “Mystery”…
Hello Millersville! We have some exciting new updates for you this week. Liana will be teaching R.I.P.P.E.D a second night, due to popular request! It will now be held…
Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your first few weeks back! Our group fitness classes start started. Just a few reminders as they get going! For our Yoga…
Welcome back to Millersville for the fall semester! We are excited to have you back and introduce you to all of the new happenings around the SMC Fitness Center….